Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Reflections

On this 8th evening of summer I am reflecting on all we have done. 
 
Swimming about four times, movie http://www.cinemark.com/summer-movie-clubhouse ,a couple of play dates, bowling http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/ and lunch with friends, library, bookstore, two trips to the grocery store, hours of reading, at least three movies at home, computer games, painting, blanket tents, friends for dinner, there is a battle field upstairs(this afternoon I heard "Come on boys come on boys!" and then "RETREAT, RETREAT!"),scooter rides, craft cabinet cleaned and organized, outdoor toys organized, the thousands of papers Jackson brought home from school gone through and about 95% recycled, 30 minutes of fun with a balloon, Lego building, and roller skating.
 
Now, what do we do tomorrow?!  I don't know about you, but it feels like school has been out for much longer than a week.  Don't get me wrong I am super excited to have lazy mornings with the boys, lazy afternoons at the pool and no rush for bedtime, but it is difficult this year to fill the time.  We have VBS coming up, two other camps, a week at Grammies, a few other outings planned so we will fill the days, but it has been some looong days of summer thus far. 
 
As, I reflect on our past week it is also sad, because in just a short nine weeks school will be upon us again and my baby starts kinder :(  Ok change of though no tears tonight!
 
I think we need to get some cardboard boxes that could be hours of entertainment.  Enjoy your summer and your kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment