Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God's Grace

"God's Presence did not reduce the pain or delay the death. Instead, grace meant the gift of growth in the inner person. It meant inner transformation. It enabled them to see something larger than the circumstances. It provided hope when despair may have overtaken them. It gave assurance in the face of apparent defeat. It made their lives more meaningful than they ever imagined or experienced. Grace changed their perspective. Grace lifted their eyes beyond the horizon of their pain to a promise that could not be disappointed and a love that could not be diminished." (Sacred Waiting by David Timms)
I prayed for healing, but did not receive healing for Jamie. I prayed and continue to pray for strength, peace, and understanding. No where in God's Word are we promised an easy life. But all through it we are promised a loving Savior who will walk with us and carry us through this life (Deuteronomy 31:6). I am growing and being transformed. God is working on a larger plan than just me. God as given me hope in the darkest moments. The grace of God has lifted my eyes beyond the pain to Him. I would never have chosen to go through the great trail of losing Jamie, but I can embrace it and thus share in Christ's suffering (Philippians 3:10-11). Why would I want to do that? Because suffering produces spiritual fruit. My suffering, if embrace through God's grace, can touch others and draw them to our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment