Friday, January 14, 2011

Provider

In first Kings chapter 17 God tells Elijah that there will be a drought.  God says to go to a certain river and He will provide water and food.  God said I have commanded the ravens to bring you food.  Ok, I don't know about you, but that is a little weird to me--birds bringing food to a human.  As I pondered these verses this morning I realized that God has provide for me in an unexpected way over the last couple of weeks.  How as God provided for your needs?   Does it make you say, "really Lord?"  That's ok I think God likes to surprise us.  Stop and thank God today for being your provider.

Daddy is doing well.  He continues to get stronger.  Earlier this week he and Mom got out and walked around wal-mart.  Daddy also wrapped a pipe outside in preparation for the cold weather.  We are going for a visit to tomorrow and to help with the house.  Daddy and Mom are still planning on putting the house on the market and will be down sizing to a smaller house that is more open and easier for Mom to move around in.  So tomorrow we will be cleaning out and rearranging to stage the house.  I know Mom has a set of dishes she doesn't want if you need dishes are know someone who does let me know.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that your dad is doing better. Please let us (his NJHS family) know if we can do anything to help as they prepare to move. Hugs and Prayers from Casey Polen

    ReplyDelete