Friday, July 6, 2012

Colonscopy

I had my 1st ever colonscopy earlier today.  The prep was no fun at all.  The stuff you have to drink is the worst.  I didn't actually drink it all, shh don't tell.  The good news is my colon looks fine.  The bad news is that we don't know why I have had problems.  In four weeks I will go see my GI doctor and hopefully figure out what is causing the problem.  My guess is food.  I just hope it is not chocolate:)

This week I have been very aware of the simple things I have like clean water and food.  Earlier this week as I was taking my second shower for the day I realized that many people in the world do not have clean water and here I am taking a long second shower.  On Thursday I was on a clear liquid diet in prep for the colonscopy today.  I could have water, tea, broth, jello etc.  It was pretty hard when I was fixing things for the boys and could not have any solid food.  Off handedly as we were having lunch at the pool with friends I said surly I could go one day with out food there are staving people in the world.  We have so much here in American compared to other countries and we don't even think twice about it must days--at least I don't.  Even here in American there are thousands must likely more I don't know the numbers that have no ideal were there next meal will come from.  I feel like God has placed this on my heart this week to do something.  I just don't know what yet.  I will let y'all know when the Holy Spirit reveals it to me because I will need your prayers and help I'm sure.

Happy Belated 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment