Thursday, July 1, 2010

Psalms

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in trouble;
My eye wastes away with grief,
Yes my soul and my body!
For my life is spent with grief,
And my years with sighing;
My strength fails because of my iniquity,
And my bones waste away.
But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in Your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,
And from those who persecute me.
Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.
But I am poor and needy'
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliver;
Do not delay, O my God.
Psalms 31:9-10, 14-15 & 40:11-12, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment