Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time

Lately, I feel in a hurry at all times.  We are always rushing to finish up something to move to the next thing that we rush through.  A few days ago I stopped to think about how and where I spent my time.  I did not find to many activities or commitments so where was all my time going.  I do spent to much time on the computer (emailing, facebook, scrap booking, earning swagbuck, ect.) and I read for pleasure a lot.  But the big thing I realized is that my attitude was not what it should be.  Thus, I am making some changes.  I have limited my computer time, no reading for hours and hours at night instead of sleeping and I am getting up 30 minutes earlier to spent some quiet moments reading the Bible and praying.  It is amazing how much more I can get from a quiet time that is actually quiet and there are not two little boys running and screaming through the house.  As for my attitude I am focusing on the task at hand be it landry, a game of uno with the boys or blogging instead of thinking about what else needs to be done.  I am not doing any less this week, but it feels like it becasue of my attitude.  Why not try it yourself.

Sometimes I read the Bible and can apply so much to my daily life and then there are times where I read and read and don't really find anything for me.  It has kinda been that way for the past few weeks.  On Monday morning my first day of getting up earlier Jackson joined me in bed as I was reading.  Side note for a minute it doesn't matter how much earlier I get up Jackson can sense it and he gets up earlier too.  Ok so I tell Jackson he can stay if he is quiet and still.  I contiune reading and then pray.  Afterwards, Jackson and I are talking and we start talking about what I read from the Bible and it hit me.  As I read a passage and nothing is sticking out at me I just have to think how would I explain it to the boys.  Doing that allows me to get the main point. 

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment