Thursday, November 4, 2010

. . . to the end of the earth.

Do you ever wonder if you are making any difference in the world?  Do you ask yourself what is my purpose and am I doing it?  Am I doing what God wants or what I want? 

I ask these questions of myself every now and then.  Tonight I have asked them.  Honestly, I don't think I am making a big enough difference in the world.  I know things I do impact lives, but I just feel like there is more that God is calling me to do.  I don't know what that is right now, but I will keep my eyes, ears and heart open. 

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."  Matthew 28: 19-20

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men," Colossians 3:23

Do you have to go to the ends of the earth to make a difference for Christ?  No, you don't have to go any farther than you own home in some cases.  You can make a difference in your neighborhood or at work.  Sometimes I think I am to busy living life that I miss out on doing everything "in the name of the Lord Jesus."  If I were to do everything for God from the laundry to grocery shopping to dentist appointments to teaching Sunday school to say bedtime prayers with the boys I would be making a daily difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment