Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Forgiveness

As, I read my Bible and a devotional book this morning I thought how perfect God's timing is.  With Thanksgiving tomorrow and many more holiday gatherings in the near future we all need to be reminded of

"And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ." Ephesians 4:32

I don't know about you, but family time can be difficult.  I am feeling stressed with having Josh and the boys home all week and then you add extended family and my patience's is low.  A tip from my devo book:  "when someone else becomes angry or upset, you'll tend to become angry and upset, too.  Resist that temptation.  Keep your cool, even when everybody else is losing theirs!  By not fanning the flames, you'll help extinguish the fire."

So, as we enjoy family and eat way to much tomorrow let show some compassion and forgiveness and be thankful that God, through Christ, has forgiven us!

No comments:

Post a Comment