Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Triumph Lessons

When traveling
  • always take a flash light and extra batteries.
  • take wet ones or baby wipes.
  • book a room with a balcony.
  • pack extra underwear.
  • also have a set of dominoes and a deck of cards.
  • take full bottle(s) of medication.
 
Spiritual lessons
 
  • God (Emmanuel) is with you always!
  • God is in control!
  • There is always something to give God thanks for even when drifting at sea.
  • God will provide even if it is an onion sandwich or a cold dark shower.
 
The sixth day on the ship I read Proverbs 12:25 which says,  "anxiety in the heart of a man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad."  This is so true when we were around others that were making the most of our situation I was happy, but when we were near the ball of negativity lady I felt sad.  This was a good reminder to always speak kind words so that others can be encouraged. 
 
Each month of 2013 I am memorizing two verses of scripture.  I had memorized three before we left and they all applied to our situation on board.
 
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent to be well pleasing to HIM (God)."  2 Corinthians 5:9  Paul writes about his ultimate goal of pleasing God during his time on earth and in heaven.  I have made it my goal no matter if I am on land or at sea, in a good situation or a bad one to try to please the Lord.
 
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."  Isaiah 58:11  All of our needs were meet on our sun-scorched boat :)
 
"Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."  Psalm 62:8  How I did pour out my fear to the Lord that Sunday morning.   Thank you Lord for being my refuge and giving me peace!
 
Upon returning home I picked my next verse, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."  Philippians 4:11  I picked this verse because I felt like I did a pretty good job most of the cruise being content.  Now I just need to work on being content in everyday life. 
 
I had no idea I would grow and learn while on vacation.  Thank you Lord for never taking a vacation.

God's glory at sea!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment