Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Triumph Before the Fire!

Josh and I were on the Carnival Triumph cruise! I would like to share our adventure with you.  It will be three post: before the fire, after the fire and lessons learned.

This cruise was Josh's birthday gift from me. About 5 months ago I thought a cruise is just what Josh and I need. I wanted a relaxing trip, just the two of us, unplugged and spending time together. Since Josh has not cruised before I thought this would be a great birthday gift. We sure did get some time together! 

Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013 Josh and I dropped the boys off at my parents and then headed to Galveston. We parked our van at my aunt's house and she drove us to the port. The lines were pretty short so we got through check-in quickly. Once on board we walked around a little bit and then went to get lunch on the lido deck. We debarked from Galveston about 4pm and our "fun cruise" began. That afternoon and evening was spent exploring the ship, unpacking, dinner in the Paris dinning room and the welcome aboard show (the dancers and singers were great!).

Friday, Feb 8, 2013 was our first fun day at sea. Since Josh and I are so used to getting up early we were up early this day as well. We both got a work-out in in the ship gym and had breakfast in the Paris dining room. I met a couple from North Texas that have cruised a lot and they shared some tips and I also meet a young couple from west Texas--they were sweet. Most of the day was spent laying out in the warm sun reading--just what I wanted. We also played bingo. We did not win, but it was fun. That evening we watched the Around the World show. The costumes were amazing! We also attended a comedian show with a lot of potty humor (not my cup of tea), but was funny anyway.

Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013 I got up early ago, but Josh was able to sleep in. I got a good run in--faster than normal :) and then stood out on deck 10 which would become home in the next 24 hrs. and watched as we arrived in Cozumel and docked. I talked with an older gentleman about Cozumel and the changes it has had over the last 20 years--interesting man. After a shower and getting ready for the day Josh and I had breakfast on the lido deck and then headed into to Cozumel for some shopping. Now we had booked a snorkeling excursion, but it was cancelled. This happened to me and my sister about three years ago on a cruise in Cozumel we booked a snorkeling excursion and it to was cancelled. I guess God is trying to tell me something, but I sure do want to snorkel. Josh and I did a lot of walking, shopping and stopped at the Blue Angel for guacamole and drinks. The Blue Angel is a restaurant and hotel right on the water. It was a beautiful relaxing time. Once back on board we got cleaned up and rested a bit before dinner. After dinner in the Paris dining room we headed back to the room as we were both so tired after having walk about 7 miles in Cozumel. I fell asleep and awoke several hours later. Josh and I then went out to the very top deck to look out. A dance party was going on on the lido deck at the time and we were able to watch from the top deck. Then we attended the midnight Mexican food buffet. After eating too much we fell asleep fast upon returning to our room. I thought that I am definitely sleeping in. Little did I know that all was soon to change.
 
The Triumph docked in Cozumel, Mexico

 
Suzanne in Cozumel, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment