Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hope

"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."  Romans 15:4

As, I read these words this morning they stopped me.  So I read again slower, thinking. 

The scripture, God's Word, is for me to read and learn.  Learn what?  HOPE!

Jesus Christ is The Word (John 1).  So through the patience and comfort of Christ we learn hope!

Christ , The Word, came to earth to give us hope!  CHRIST = HOPE!

That sounds great, right?  But what to do with it?  How do I live it out?

Instead of trying to gain fulfillment through crossing off my to do list, serving in every area, doing the "right" things and not doing the "wrong" things, having the "perfect" family, home, etc. I gain fulfillment through Christ.  Looking for Christ's love and grace in everyday, filling my heart and mind with His Words gives me hope and fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment