The following is a recipe I have had for some time. About a month ago I decide to actually make it and it was awesome! The boys don't like granola so I call it crunchy oatmeal. The first recipe is what I found online the second is what I actually do.
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup oil
· 1/2 cup honey
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· 2 tsp. vanilla
· 7 cups oats (old fashion, NOT quick cooking)
1. Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Pour over oats in a large bowl. Stir until well coated.
4. Spread oats in a 9×13 pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
5. Take out and stir.
6. Return pan to oven. Turn oven off.
7. Go to bed. Wake up to a delicious, cinnamon-y sent wafting through your kitchen!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. Mexican vanilla
7 cups old fashion oats
In a glass measuring cup combine oil and honey. Microwave for about 1 min and stir. Add cinnamon and vanilla and stir. Pour over oats in a large bowl mixing well. Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins. at 375. Turn off oven and let sit for about 10 hours.
We eat this as cereal with dried fruit and nuts, use as a topping on creamy oatmeal and make a super yummy breakfast or dessert of sliced bananas, creamy oatmeal, crunchy oatmeal and chocolate chips.