Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hearing God

Questions:
Do you long to hear from God?  Do you need guidance in your life?  Do you feel like God has just forgotten about you and your family? 
Answers:
We all have a God shaped whole in our hearts.  We all need help and guidance at some point in our lives.  God has not forgotten you.  He created you and loves you dearly.  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;"  Jeremiah 1:5.  "But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8

A few days ago I was reading in Daniel chapter 9 and this verse stuck out to me.  "Now I (Daniel) was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin. . . and presenting my supplication before the Lord. . ."  Daniel 9:20.  This made me think of John and Nehemiah.

I (Nehemiah) was fasting and praying before the God of heaven."  Nehemiah 1:4

I (John) was in the spirit on the Lord's Day. . ."  Rev. 1:9

These three men heard from God.  Why?  Because they were spending time with Him.  If you want to hear from God spend time praying and reading His word and don't forgot to be still and listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment