Saturday, July 2, 2011

If Your Happy and You Know It

"For thus says the Lord God: 'Because you clapped your hands, stamped your feet, and rejoiced in heart with all your disdain  for the land of Israel, indeed, therefore, I will stretch out My hand against you , and give you as plunder to the nations, I will cut you off from the peoples, and I will cause you to perish from the countries, I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the Lord.'"     Ezekiel 25:6-7

I read these verse just a little bit ago and couldn't help, but laugh.  Do you see the humor or is it just me?  In my mind I was picturing grown men sing your happy and you know it and dancing.  In this passage God speaks through Ezekiel to the Ammonites basically saying your done.  Not really a laughing matter, but I'm still laughing.  

What can we learn from this?  If you are dancing and rejoice make sure it is for the Lord. 

Side note:  Notice the time this was published.  Yes, I had my morning bible reading around 11am.  Thank you Grammie and Granddad!!!  The boys are at my parents and I slept in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment