Monday, September 5, 2011

August Heat!

We have had record heat for the whole summer practically.  But the heat I have been feeling is different.  In the book of Daniel Shad’rach, Me’shack, and Abed-Nego refuse to worship the false god made of gold.  These men are taken to King Nebuchadnezzar because the decree says that anyone that does not bow down will be immediately thrown into a fiery furnace.  The King likes these men so gives them one last chance to worship the god made of gold.  The men replied to the king, “our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.  But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.” (Daniel 3:17-18)  At this the king became furious and had the furnace heated up seven times.  I feel like I am in a furnace that had been heated up.  August 2011 has been difficult.  Within about a three week period I had a miscarriage, our house was strike by lighting, someone close to my heart is having relationship troubles, I got a virus that caused an itchy rash, Jeffrey turned four and Jackson started kindergarten.  Now I know birthdays and school are happy occasions, but my boys are growing up and I just want them to stay cuddly and little.  Have you ever experienced a lighting strike?  It is scary!  When our house was strike it was loud and we smelled burning.  After Josh ran around the house to make sure it wasn’t on fire we began to take a look at what was damaged.  We had no phone, internet or TV service for some time and still are having problems with the phone.  The garage door opener did not work (it has been fixed now).  Our central vacuum turned on and would not turn off so we just had to unplug it in the garage (I never really like the central vacuum anyway, but I don’t have another vacuum.  And a clean carpet is a happy carpet as Josh would say).  The alarm system is messed up.  A week later Josh discover the sprinkler system was not working not good in the heat it too has been fixed.  Our one TV now only has one working speaker, but that’s ok we just turned up the volume.  My sewing machine will not turn off so it is just sitting unplug and I had a creative moment the other day and could not do any sewingL.  Josh has been told that we will continue to find more and more things that the lighting strike affects.  We must be thankful though that our house did not burn down, that our new washer is fine and that our deep freeze, which is now full with a steer, is working.  Earlier this summer I told God, “it is all up to You, whatever You want for our family is ok with me.  I give You complete control of my life.”  Now this has been a daily pray, because well I like to be in control.  Once I came to that point is when everything heated up.  Just like Shad’rack, Me’shack and Abed-Nego said they would follow God no matter if it meant death and thinks heated up for them.  It feel like once I gave control over to God Satan said let’s see about that.  Shad’rack, Me’shack and Abed-Nego made it through the fire.  They came out alive without any burns.  They didn’t even smell like smoke.  I know God is with us through this fire and we bring is out as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment