Friday, October 15, 2010

I need a drink!

Sonic is calling my name and if the boys wake up from their naps before happy hour is over we will most likely be there. I however, will not wake them. We have plans this evening and they need all the sleep they can get for a late night out. So, don't worry when I say I need a drink--I just mean a root beer from sonic.

This day has not been what I planned. When I took the boys to preschool this morning we found out that the school had been closed for the day. Apparently there is a gas leak, thus no school. Jackson said, "we are luck." How is it that a preschooler who loves school already is excited about missing a day? On our way home Jackson made us a new plan for today. We biked to the park, which is really fun now, because Jackson rides his bike and I only have Jeffrey in the bike trailer. Two boys in the trailer was getting to be to much for my legs. It is such a beautiful day and cool enough that we wore sweatshirts. When we got back home Jackson decided that we could all play two hands of Uno and then I could do something I needed to get done and then repeat. I don't know where he gets his need to plan everything out--ha ha. Every other Friday is a day just for me--that was today. I look forward to this day to spend time doing what I want and not necessarily what should be done. I was a little worried about today because, my plan was to do some blogging (there is a lot on my mind), finish Jamie's scrapbook pages (almost done) and go to this new home store. I don't know the name of the store, but it is where Linen's -n-things used to be. It is support to be like Kirkland's, but bigger and better. Why was I worried? To much time to think about Jamie. Well, God fixed that for me with a gas leak.

The things that have been on my mind this week:
  • Philippians 1:3-6 "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." I read this earlier this week in one of my Bible study lessons. It is a great verse and I read it before thinking, "I'm so glad God is not done with me and that He will keep working on me." But, when I read it this time all I could think was why was God done with Jamie so quickly? Now, I know that that thought is from Satan. He really does do battle in our minds. The truth is that God is still using Jamie's life in mine and yours and will until Christ returns.

  • On Wed. evening Josh and I attended a prayer service for Lin Moore. She has stage IV cancer. During the service I prayed with my whole heart for God to remove the cancer from her spine, pelvis, femur and to remove the fluid in her lungs and to dissolve the blood clot in her arm. But, I also asked myself, "how can I pray for healing? I did it once before and it did not work." Again Satan is putting thoughst in my head that I don't want there. The truth is that God did heal Jamie in the best possible way. I will continue to pray for Lin to be healed and also that her family will have peace if that healing is like Jamie's.

  • I have been thinking a lot about being in Romania last March. That was right before our life changed forever. I was pregnant and so excited, loving on children in Romania. Several of us on the trip had to leave early, because of an airline strike. It was a hard and difficult decision to make, but we know it was God's plan for us. I realized on the flight home that my purpose for the trip had been accomplished and I could go home knowing I had done what God wanted from me. I don't know then it was also a time of preparation. God was teaching me that He had a plan and was working it out regardless of my plans.

Well, Jackson is up so I will have to save my other thought for another time.

"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms." James 5:13

1 comment:

  1. still enjoy reading and keeping up with you. Just popping by to say hello...you'll have to tell me all about the new home store when you visit. I ADORE Kirkland's, so this one has got to be fabulous! Tell Josh & the boys hello...

    ReplyDelete