Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wants!

What do you want? More sleep? More money? More time? More friends? More power? More queit moments? That question was brought up yesterday several times. First I received an email about the up coming sermon series at our church. Over the next four weeks we will be hearing about what Jesus wants. Then last night Josh and I watched a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond. On the show Raymond made a list of goals to accomplish before he dies. It was pretty funny. He wanted to eat certain foods and never throw up again. I said to Josh I just want to go a whole day and not hear anyone cry (Jeffrey cried a lot yesterday evening and into the early hours of this morning). As I was unable to sleep last night I thought what do I want out of life? And what does God want from me during this life? Do they match up? Will I allow God to work in my life to accomplish His goals? I don't know the answers to those questions. It is hard to know if I am doing God's will or my own. I probably think to much--sometimes I feel I miss out because I am trying to hard to figure it all out. It is hard not to want the things of this world. We can easily get caught up in worldly desires without even realizing it. I choose today to choose God's desires. What do you choose?

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher that the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment