Friday, December 31, 2010

Aggie Basketball

New Year's Eve is a day for most to reflect on the past year and to look ahead to what the new year will bring.  Honestly, I don't want to think about what we have dealt with this past year and am fearful of what is to come.  When Jamie died my grandma told me that God had something wonderful for us in the future.  I sure am ready for it.  Are you making any new year resolutions?  I am making just one--to be present.  So often I miss out because I am thinking about the past or future instead of living in the present. 

Elizabeth spent the day with Daddy.  He slept a lot, but their did have some good conversation.  Elizabeth said he seemed more like himself than last week when she visited.  Elizabeth spoke with a doctor and he said Daddy's pressure was in the low 40s yesterday when they did the lumbar puncture (<20 is what we want).  Daddy had his 4th lumbar puncture today.  There has been some confusion about whether Daddy had meningitis or not.  The doctor Elizabeth spoke with said that the infection disease doctor has not diagnosed Daddy with meningitis, but all the numbers point to him having it.  Daddy is on very strong antibiotics and will continue them for seven days.  Since, none of Daddy's lumbar puncture results have been below 20% Elizabeth asked if that meant a shunt was to be placed.  The doctor said it was likely, but Dr. Day would make that decision and he is off for the holiday weekend. 

This afternoon we took the boys to there first Aggie men's basketball game.  Jackson refused to wear maroon, which is just like him.  We had a really good time.  I think the boys liked the big bucket of popcorn more than the game.  With about 7 minutes left in the game and the score very close Jackson says, "I need to potty."  So, me and the boys head to the bathroom, but luckily nothing to excited happened while we were gone.  I haven't been to college station in about 4 years and it has been longer since I was on campus--wow it has changed.  We went by the quad and showed the boys were Josh lived while in the Corp.  After the game we went to Wings N More for dinner--it is still the best place to get wings.  It was nice to be out as a family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment