Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jeffrey's Hospital Stay

Friday morning about 3:30am Jeffrey woke up with breathing difficulty.  He was wheezing and coughing up mucus.  Josh and Jeffrey sit in a steam shower and it help a little bit.  We debated about going to the ER, but choose not to after Jeffrey fell back to sleep.  Jeffrey and I were up and down a lot that morning and I don't think I slept much because I was just watching Jeffrey breath.  Later Josh heads to work, Jackson to school and Jeffrey and I to the doctor.  When we were called  back to the room the nurse took one look at Jeffrey and said just a minute.  He walked out of the room across the hall and got Dr. M from another room.  It was all hurried and a little scary.  Jeffrey was started on a breathing treatment and given steroids.  Dr. M said they were trying to stabilizes him so I could take him to the ER by personal vehicle instead of ambulance.  After two breathing treatments Jeffrey's O2 stat was about 94 so we headed to the ER.  Once at the ER Jeffrey had two more breathing treatments, Tylenol and Motrin for his 101 fever, O2, and a chest x-ray.  The x-ray showed clear lungs--YEAH!  But we would still be staying the night.  Jeffrey had bronchialitis.  By late afternoon Jeffrey was doing so much better.  We had a friend bring him a special treat--a corn dog, Tatar tots and a slush.  He was playing and talking.  When we finally got up to a room Jeffrey was switched to a puffer.  Into the night though his breathing became more labored and he was switched back to breathing treatments at two hour intervals.  At some point during the night Jeffrey pulled out his nasal O2 tube and did fine-YEAH!  Currently, Jeffrey is having breath treatments every three hours.  We have to get to every four to go home--mostly likely tomorrow.  Dr. G believes he has asthma, but Dr. M, our reg. doctor, will have to determine that in a couple of weeks. 

Please pray!  Excuse the typos and such I haven't slept much since Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment