Friday, February 17, 2012

Overflowing Blessing

The Resolution for Women

Part I: Surprisingly Satisfied
Overflowing Blessing

When you consider your level of willingness to give of yourself, does it reveal more contentment or discontentment residing in your heart?  In what way?
My heart reveals more contentment because I do give of myself daily.  Am I always happy about it?  No, but I understand and believe that true contentment comes from a life of service.

Based on God's provisions that you listed at the end of the last chapter, what is one thing you could close this book and go do for someone else out of that resource?
I can babysit for others.  I can organize or scrapbook photos for others (Momma, I am working on yours:)).

Record your thoughts regarding this statement: "Sometimes the best, most empowering word you can learn to utter is no."
In our fast pace, be involved in everything world it is hard to say no.  And I think women have an extra hard time saying no compared to men.  This reminds me of a passage in Psalm.  It says something like those who labor without the Lord labor in vain.  God is not calling us to be supermoms and wives doing it all.  He calls us to love and give of ourselves while remembering what is important: our relationship with Christ and our families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment