Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Secret

The Resolution for Women

Part I: This is who I am
Surprisingly Satisfied
The Secret (pg. 17-22)

A woman of contentment is aware of her needs and what God has already supplied to meet them.  Begin your journey to contentment by making a list.  Label one side "My Needs."  Label the other "God's Provision." Then match up your needs with the way God is currently meeting them.  Place your list in a handy place for the times you are tempted to lean toward dissatisfaction.
My Needs                                                  God's Provision
love                                                            family/friends
food, clothes & shelter                                Josh's job
purpose                                                      wife, mom, volunteer
physical activity                                           time, equipment, local trails
alone time                                                   supportive husband
dates with hubby                                         grandparents close
hobbies: reading, scrap booking, cooking      money and time

What might God be trying to grow in your character or cement in your relationship with Him by keeping you separated from some of the things you want but don't yet have?
There are three big things that I want.  I am not ready to share that them with the world.  I believe God is trying to teach me His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment