Monday, May 3, 2010

Lessons

Through all of this I am trying to look for the lessons God is teaching me. Here are a few.
First lesson is from yesterday's sermon. The text was Luke 5: 33-39. Honestly, I can't tell you what was actually preached, because I could not think past a few verse that were read.
"And He said to them, 'Can you make the friends of the bridegroom fast while the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, then they will fast in those days.'" Luke 5;34-35
Jesus was saying that His friends were enjoying Him and His teachings, but at a later time fasting would come along with mourning because of His death on the cross. This applies to me in that I must enjoy the time I have with Jamie no matter how short or long. No sadness now that time will come and hopefully many many years from now.
Second lesson is from John 3:1-18. This story is about a Pharisee named Nicodemus who came to Jesus in secret because he wanted to learn more. Nicodemus came to Jesus in secret because he was fearful of what the other Pharisees and members of the Jewish Sanhedrin would say and think of him. Nicodemus knew God's word and His law, but could not grasp the ideal of being born again spiritually. Jesus said all you have to do is believe in Me and you will have everlasting life. I think it was to simple for Nicodemus. He was used to following the many Jewish laws and traditions. I think he wanted a check list. I have no problem with accepting God's grace and salvation through His son Jesus Christ, but I do struggle with not having control or a check list of things to do in our current situation. There is nothing I can do. No amount of exercise, eating healthier, resting more or taking a pill is going to change what is happening within my womb with Jamie's little body. God is simply asking me to let go and have faith that He is in control. It's to easy--I want to work hard and actively make things better.
Third--"But to you who fear My name the Son of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings." Malachi 4:2 This verse is taking from a passage talking about the coming of the Messiah. This gives me hope that Jesus can heal. I just pray that the healing of Jamie is for this life not heaven.
My next appointment is not till May 12th so all y'all will be getting is my thoughts for a few days. I hope they are making a impact on some one's life. If you have questions about any of the verse I have talked about please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer them correctly.
Please pray for a coworker of my Mom's. His wife is in the hospital. Her immune system crashed and she needs to have thyroid surgery, but can't with no immune system. They will be doing a bone marrow biopsy is a few days. They have three small children. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and healing for her. Pray for the kiddos and their care.

No comments:

Post a Comment