Monday, May 17, 2010

"Normal" Day

For a few hours today I almost felt "normal." My sister, a friend and I went and saw a movie. I don't think I have ever seen a movie on a Monday morning. I felt like getting out of the house, but don't want to talk with a lot of people or walk to much so a movie was the perfect thing. We saw Letters to Juliet--great movie to see with your girlfriends.
What is normal? Is there really a normal? Normal has changed for me and I must get used to a new so called normal. Part of this new normal has already began in that I have to wait. On my 18 week visit we found out something was wrong with Jamie and then we had to wait for test results. Then we waited in between appointments to see if there had been any change in Jamie's condition. When I delivered we waited for me to come home. Once at home we waited to make funeral arrangements. Those have been made and now we wait for the actual service tomorrow. I think the hardest and longest wait will be after all the services are done, because we have to wait to be reunited with Jamie in heaven.
So for now I wait and take lots of deep breaths.
"For those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength..." Isaiah 41:31

No comments:

Post a Comment