Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Obedience

Yesterday morning the boys were fighting over the toothpaste tube so I sent them each to there rooms. Meanwhile I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes and Jackson comes screaming and crying about needing a toy that was in the living room. I told him to obey and go back to his room. He continued to cry and scream for his toy. I said if you will just obey you will get what you want after. As Jackson went back to his room I realized that is just what God is telling all of us. We ask and ask for something (peace, wisdom, patience, ect.) but are not obeying thus not receiving. We ask for peace, but are not willing to give all are cares over to Him. We ask for wisdom, but do not read His Word. I guess everyone in our house needs to work on listening and obeying.
This blog was set up to keep family and friends easily updated on Jamie's condition, but now we know her condition will not change. She will forever be with Jesus. However, I do plan to continue to blog about the things God is teaching me. I'm not sure how often this will be--just keeping checking back.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I am always experiencing the same with Logan. However, I never looked at it in the light that you did. You are right though, we all need to work on obeying around here. Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete