Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1 Chronicles

I randomly opened my Bible and read:

"The sons of Ephraim were Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, Tahath his son, Sabad his son, Shuthelah his son, and Ezer and Elead. The men of Gath who were born in that land killed them because they came down to take away their cattle. Then Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him. And when he went in to his wife, she conceived and bore a son: and he called his name Beriah, because tragedy had come upon his house." 1 Chronicles 7: 20-23

These verses say several things to me. First, nobody really likes to read Chronicles they are pretty boring just a list of names. However, I have a different outlook on that now. They are not just list of names, but someones sons and daughters. They were loved, cared for, cried over and they each lived and died. Jamie is our daughter and she is living and touching lives. One day her name will be found on an old family tree (it will be a scrapbook page I do) and just read over, but maybe someone will think she was a daughter and loved. Second, pain of losing loved ones is not new. Tragedy happened in Ephraim's family and he was sad for a long time. His friends were there for him. And then life went on. We can do just that. We will mourn, you will be there for us and then we live on serving God and enjoying life and the blessings we are given.

As I read over this blog I realize it may sound like I am giving up and saying Jamie will not make it. That is not true. I will continue to believe and pray for healing. I have a hard time seeing and feeling that, but I choose to believe in the God of the galaxy and His power to heal.

1 comment:

  1. "To the Lord I cry aloud' and He answers me from His holy hill. I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the Lord sustains me." Psalm 3: 4-5

    ReplyDelete