Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Docter Visit

We went in this morning and saw Dr. Adams. She is our specialist. We had to wait over an hour, which is no fun at all. She went over the lab report with us. The labs just confirmed what we already know. Jamie has Turners and hydrops. She also knew from my blood work that I would have a fever blister today when she saw me. She gave me a Rx to take care of that with many refills since I get them when I am stressed and it is looking like we are going to have a stressful season of life ahead. Dr. Adams then did an ultrasound. The good news is that Jamie is still with us the fluid has not made its way to her heart yet. However, the hydrops is worst then two weeks ago. Jamie's neck is measuring 10cm, which means I will have a c-section when we delivery. Dr. Adams said that she will must likely pass in the womb. She said it would be better for Jamie that way. I didn't ask why, but assume that if she lived outside of my womb the stress on her heart and lungs would be so great and painful for her. I don't want her to have any pain, but I would love to be able to have her look into my eyes as I hold her.

After the appointment Josh and I went to lunch and talked. We are not giving up hope--we know God can still heal Jamie. However, we do feel like we have to start making plans so that we are not left with big decisions when I deliver. We feel we can make better choices now rather than later.

We continue to ask for prays of healing and also ask that you pray for Jackson and Jeffrey. They are both so excited and talk about feeding the baby all the time. They still do not know and I feel that is still the best thing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment