This morning I saw Dr. Adams and Dr. Schroeder. The good news is that Jamie has a heart beat. We saw Dr. Adams (specialist) first. She told us that the hygroma (this is the fluid build up) around Jamie's neck had increased from 10cm two weeks ago to 10.5 cm today. I asked if the longer Jamie holds on if things can improve. No was her answer. She gives Jamie 0% chance to survive. To say the least we were a little upset. She told us we had to start accepting this fact and not to have false hope. While our hope is not false because it is not in her or medicine, but in the Lord. So we will continue to have faith in God and pray for a miracle. After seeing Dr. Adams we went upstairs to see Dr. Schroeder (OB). I was so glad to see Dr. Schroeder she is wonderful. She got up on the exam table with me and hold me and let me cry. I asked her the same question I asked Dr. Adams and she said yes, the longer Jamie holds on the better. Dr. Schroeder said if we can make it to 32 weeks we will be jumping for joy. So we ask you to pray that Jamie can continue to grow and develop for 10 more weeks. The next month is very important because the lungs will develop during this time. Of course after birth there will most likely be lots of issues to deal with, but Texas Children's can help Jamie at that point. My blood pressure was pretty high today most likely due to the day in itself. However, Dr. Schroeder is having me take my blood pressure at home and call her nurse on Thursday and depending on what my blood pressure has been I may go for some blood work. They we watch me closely so I don't get sick. Please also pray that my blood pressure is fine. I know they will put me on bed rest if it is high and I don't do well laying around. Of course if I am told to I will.
Thanks for everyone's prayers and emails it really helps me keep a positive outlook.